It is that time of year again… to select a host for FallFest or the Simming Fall Festival that is! If you’re interested in hosting & chairing one of the role playing world’s most coveted community events please submit an application by September 4th. FallFest has been held every year since the first festival back in 2011 started by OngoingWorlds.
For those who may be new to these events, FallFest is a one-day online convention held annually in Discord chat rooms for anything and everything simming and online role playing. We remember our past and look towards the future. It generally runs for a few hours and includes provacative discussions, trivia games, and live role plays as well as the recent addition of voice based presentations for all to enjoy. Originally intended to be a mini-SciWorld more friendly to European time zones, FallFest has since grown into much more!
We need a host & chair to make it all happen!
The host is a club, fleet or individual sim that partners with SimmingHub to make FallFest happen. The chair is an individual from the host organization who serves as the point person to coordinate the scheduling, advertising for, and logistics of FallFest. More specifically, the host and chair will work with the SimmingHub Organizing Committee to:
• Select a date and time for festival (a Saturday sometime within October to December)
• Design a unique festival logo.
• Recruit approximately 8-12 volunteers to run individual one-hour or half hour long events depending on the preference of the host and presenters.
• Work with those volunteers to create unique and engaging events (discussions, sims, and trivia games) that represent and support the interests of the broader community.
• Assist SimmingHub Moderators in maintaining and organizing the Discord Chat Rooms.
• Promote and advertise the festival.
• Host opening and closing ceremonies on the day of the festival.
• Attend all FallFest events (usually two at the same time) to ensure that they run smoothly. The host can also appoint people to help them with this if they have life obligations that cause them to have to set away.
• Be ready to improvise when things don’t go as planned.
• Post-festival, provide a list of lessons learned and feedback from the community for SimmingHub to improve on later festivals.
The host should be a strong, robust group willing to provide the chair with all of the required volunteers and resources (SimmingHub does assist with this process however we have limited technical and administrative staff to assist with coordinating the festivities). Members of the host club/sim must be ready to attend the festival to help make it a success. In short, the host must fully back the chair. The chair must be highly organized, self-motivated, and possess superior attention to detail. More importantly, he or she should be patient with others and willing to compromise when necessary. It takes a special person to run FallFest–it’s a HUGE job!
Applications will be reviewed by the SimmingHub Organizing Committee in Mid-September following the above criteria. Applicants should highlight their past experiences, capabilities and the traits that would make an exemplary candidate to host the festival. The host & chair may be selected before the review period ends based on community input. Unsuccessful applicants will not be revealed to the public. A member of the Organizing Committee will notify applicants of the selection before the official announcement. Additional information may be requested from applicants before a decision is reached.The application window will close on September 4th 2021 at 11:59pm Pacific Time. All applications should be emailed to conhostapps (at) tnuproject (d0t) org. If you do not receive a receipt confirmation email within 24 hours, please resubmit.
• Host group’s name
• Host URL
• Year Host was founded
• Chair (person)
• Chair’s e-mail address
• Year Chair began simming
• Why should this host & chair be selected? (≤ 250 words)
FallFest is a special time for everyone, but especially for the host & chair. For a few short hours, the entire simming and online role playing community will circle around you–It is one of the biggest events in simming. Those memories will last a lifetime.Best of luck to all applicants! For everyone else, see you at FallFest XII!